- Please call my Office Manager for an Intake appointment (the first time you come here). There may be a wait of up to a month. Please allow 2 hours for this initial appointment, to complete paperwork and for the interview. Please bring with you your insurance card, and a photo ID.
- DEPOSIT for INTAKE: Because of the large number of people scheduling intakes with me who don't show up, and who don't call to cancel, we've had to put in a policy of a $40 deposit to hold your appointment time. You can either bring by a cash or a check, or mail a check to our office. We must receive the check within 7 days of making the appointment to hold that time for you. If you attend the intake, the check will be returned to you uncashed, or the $40 cash will be refunded to you (or applied to your co-pay). If you need to cancel and reschedule, please call at least 24 hours prior to the appointment. If you miss the intake without calling to cancel at least 24 hours ahead, we will cash the check.
- You can arrive 10-15 minutes early to complete the Registration Form (name, address, phone, etc.)
The Intake interview is a structured interview designed as a brief overview of your entire life. At the end of the process we will have diagnoses (if any), a treatment plan (what we're going to work on), and a list of recommendations. The topics covered in the interview are as follows:
- Presenting Issues (why you're here)
- A review of symptoms such as depression, anxiety, etc.
- Current and past medical issues
- An assessment of addictions (e.g. alcohol, drugs, computers, smoking, etc.)
- Social History (Education, employment, relationships, family of origin, etc.)
- Mental Status exam (appearance, mood, memory, orientation, concentration, etc.)
- An assessment of suicide and homicide risk, and protective factors
- Diagnoses (ICD-10)
- Treatment Plan (what we've agreed to work on and how)
- Referrals (if any)
We look forward to working with you!