The law protects the relationship between a client and a psychotherapist, information cannot be disclosed without written permission.
- Suspected child abuse or dependant adult or elder abuse, neglect, or exploitation; for which I am required by law to report immediately
- If a client is threatening serious bodily harm to another person, I must notify the police and inform the intended victim
- If a client intends to harm himself or herself, I will make every effort to enlist their cooperation in insuring their safety. If they do not cooperate, I will take further measures without their permission that are provided to me by law in order to ensure their safety
- I will obey court orders from judges
- I have a detailed handout which reviews these and other privacy issues, which you can request. It is also provided to you at the intake appointment.